By George Stachokas
- Describes how digital assets represent either a problem and a chance for libraries
- Argues that librarians can re-define themselves
- Puts the case that libraries will be reorganized to optimize digital source administration and data providers in line with modern expertise and person needs
Read Online or Download After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best library & information science books
For good over 100 years, libraries open to the general public have performed a very important half in fostering in american citizens the abilities and behavior of interpreting and writing, by means of typically delivering entry to plain different types of print: informational genres corresponding to newspapers, pamphlets, textbooks, and different reference books, and literary genres together with poetry, performs, and novels.
Ready in collaboration with the clinical Library organization, this thoroughly up to date, revised, and extended version lists vintage and up to the moment print and digital assets within the health and wellbeing sciences, aiding librarians locate the solutions that library clients search. incorporated are digital types of frequently print reference resources, reliable electronic-only assets, and assets that library clients can entry from domestic or at the battle through freely on hand web content or through library licenses.
We are living in a data society, or so we're usually instructed. yet what does that suggest? This quantity within the MIT Press crucial wisdom sequence bargains a concise, casual account of the ways that details and society are similar and of our ever-increasing dependence on a posh multiplicity of messages, files, files, and knowledge.
A desirable and informative learn for librarians, library employees, and MLIS scholars, this e-book bargains functional details instructions to envision present concerns in censorship and libraries whereas additionally permitting readers to think about their very own reviews approximately highbrow freedom and censorship.
- Migrating Heritage: Experiences of Cultural Networks and Cultural Dialogue in Europe
- High Impact School Library Spaces: Envisioning New School Library Concepts: Envisioning New School Library Concepts
- Information Literacy: Search Strategies, Tools & Resources for High School Students and College Freshmen
- American Journalism: History, Principles, Practices
- Library 101: A Handbook for the School Librarian, 2nd Edition: A Handbook for the School Librarian
Additional resources for After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)