By Christopher Duggan
Read Online or Download A Concise History of Italy (Cambridge Concise Histories) PDF
Similar european history books
On 14th October 1066 some of the most dramatic occasions in background happened at Senlac close to Hastings while William, Duke of Normandy, challenged Harold II for the throne of britain. Following William the Conqueror's victory, immediately, the ruling Anglo-Saxon elite have been swept apart, purely to get replaced through their Norman opposite numbers.
Medieval Spain is brilliantly recreated, in all its kind and richness, during this finished survey. prone to turn into the normal paintings in English, the e-book treats the full Iberian Peninsula and all of the those who inhabited it, from the arriving of the Visigoths within the 5th century to the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella.
This examine was once the 1st systematic try and achieve at the back of the parable of Henri IV - recognized for having introduced order to France after lengthy civil warfare - and explores the truth of his success. This moment version has been considerably up to date.
The place medieval Denmark and Scandinavia as a complete has frequently been obvious as a cultural backwater that passively and belatedly bought cultural and political impulses from Western Europe, Professor Michael H. Gelting and students encouraged through him have proven that the highbrow, spiritual and political elite of Denmark actively participated within the renaissance and reformation of the valuable and later medieval interval.
- Trams or Tailfins?: Public and Private Prosperity in Postwar West Germany and the United States
- Betrayal The Murder of Robert Nairac GC Second Edition
- An Economic History of Twentieth-Century Europe: Economic Regimes from Laissez-Faire to Globalization
- The Cambridge Companion to Modern German Culture (Cambridge Companions to Culture)
- German Reformation (Studies in European History)
- Saving the Souls of Medieval London: Perpetual Chantries at St Paul's Cathedral, c.1200-1548 (Church, Faith and Culture in the Medieval West)
Extra info for A Concise History of Italy (Cambridge Concise Histories)